Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 7 - Melbourne, FL

Day 7 - Melbourne, FL

Today we are moving from Savannah, GA to Melbourne, FL, all day on I-95, a bit boring, but we drove 458km.

We stopped at Destination Daytona, this is the shopping mall of motorcycles, there are about 6 major retailers in this mall which can accommodate 100.000 bikes.  Remember that bike week in Daytona is March 4 to 13, 2011, check out the link http://www.ridedaytona.com/This event see about 500,000 motorcycles and riders each year - it is big!!

I did make my pilgrimage stop at J&P Cycles store in Daytona, it was 5 times bigger than the store out in Iowa that I stopped in at on my return from California (Route 66). Did buy a few items which I had been looking for, and of course a 70th anniversary t-shirt for the Daytona Bike Week, save having to come back in March.


The weather today started out cool, around 10c, with light showers, by the time we reached Melbourne it was 24c and partly cloudy and it was humid too. Don't here the word "humid" in the winter do you.

We stopped for night here, as we want to be at the top of the Keys (at Key Largo) on Friday night, which about another 200miles from here. 

I think we will drop the trailer and head into town for dinner at 7pm or so.

Ken and Karen in Melbourne, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment