Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 14 - Key West, FL (Feb 10, 2011)

Day 14 -  Thursday Feb 10, 2011 - Key West, FL

Another sunny day with a temperature of 27c, dive trip from this morning gets rescheduled for the afternoon, looks like me and two others are going out.  Things are very slow at this dive shop, there is no one diving or tourism is very bad.  There are two cruse ships a day in the harbour, but they are here from 8am to 5pm, and that group is usually not into diving.

The afternoon dive goes as planned, visiting two reefs about 5km from shore in about 10m to 15m of water, water continues to be cold by my standards (20c or 68F), visibility which the dive shop keeps raving about is only 20m, anyway, with my new neoprene hood, I don't feel cold anymore, so it is very enjoyable.  Saw another nurse shark hiding under a overhang, he (or she) moved back in as we approached.

Saw a number of fish that I have never seen before, and we don't have our reef fish book with us, but I did get photos, so it won't be that hard to identify.


For dinner this evening we went out, I wanted pizza, as all I have had is seafood every night, I should not complain as it all is excellent and fresh, which I will not get at home, so we went to New York Pizza Cafe on Duval Street, here is the link: (http://www.foodreference.com/html/k-new-york-pizza-pasta.html), pizza was great, and for desert Key Lime Pie (2 forks).

Ken and Karen in Key West

No comments:

Post a Comment